This is pretty quick to make and is a one dish dinner.
- 1 box Orcchiette pasta (Shells will work too) cooked al dente (cook it while preparing the rest, so it’s hot when added).
- 20 or so medium raw shrimp (thawed if frozen) peeled and deveined, tails on or off as you like. Can be butterfly cut.
- 1 lime
- 7-8 sun dried tomatoes, cut to 1/4″ strips
- 4 cloves garlic slivered
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup white wine (any)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth.
- Spices: 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp paprika, a pinch of smoked habanero or cayenne pepper, a pinch of white pepper, a pinch of sugar in the raw (or white)
- 1 bunch chives, cut to 1/8″ pieces
1. Add some lime juice to the shrimp, toss and let stand until used.
2. Heat oil and butter in a big deep frying pan (big enough to add all the pasta later). Add garlic and sun dried tomatoes and fry on medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add all spices, mix, and add shrimp (with no liquids) and stir fry for 1 minute. Remove shrimp.
4. Add white wine and let boil, then reduce for 1-2 minute (some liquid should be left).
5. Add broth, mix for 1 minute, add shrimp, mix, add pasta and mix it all for a minute to let all the juices cover the paste.
6. Serve garnished with a generous amount of chives.
7. Don’t blame me for eating too much, you can’t really stop.