Sometimes you just need a good sandwich that will hit the spot.
Feel free to modify/adjust as you like… Ingredients:
- 1 slice of a good multi-grain bread
- 1 Slice (1/8″ thick or a bit more) smoked ham (the size of the bread slice you’ll use)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A pinch habanero or cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- A pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 Lime
- 2-4 grape tomatoes slice in half lengthwise, mixed with a bit of slat and black pepper
- Spicy paste of your choice (I used Green Thai Pepper paste I made) or Tabasco/Cholula etc hot sauce
- Some coarsely chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp shredded mozzarella
- In a small bowl mix oil, sugar and all spices.
- Cover the both sides of the ham with it
- Either sear or pan fry until browned/crisped, just a minute of two.
- Lightly toast the bread.
- Spread the spicy paste on a few drops of the hot sauce on it.
- Spread the avocado on it, squeeze some lime juice on it, a bit salt and a bit of the cilantro.
- Place ham on top of the avocado-ed bread and then the tomatoes and cilantro on top of the ham.
- Spread some mozzarella over everything, and place in a toaster oven set on broil for a couple of minutes until the cheese starts to brown.
And then just enjoy…. A side of some more cut grape tomatoes with salt, black pepper, lime and olive oil works perfect with it. Oh, I’m getting hungry.