Crunchy, sweet, sour and spicy combo, no mayo dressing makes this a favorite.
Serves 5-6 as a side salad
- 2 Tomatoes
- 2 Cucumbers
- 1 romaine lettuce heart
- 1 Apple
- 10 baby carrots
- 5-6 fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp honey
- Juice from 1 lime
- Juice from 1 lemon
- pinch smoked habanero or cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch white pepper
- pinch garlic powder
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- Cut and place into a large salad bowl:
- Tomatoes and cucumber to 1/4″ – 1/2″ pieces
- Lettuce to strips about 1/4″ by 1″
- Apple to tiny 1/8″-1/4″ inch pieces
- Carrot to 1/8″ slices
- Mint finely chopped
- Place all dressing ingredients but the heavy cream in a bowl and whisk till combined.
- Add heavy cream and whisk for 20 seconds to combine and aerate.
- Add dressing to salad bowl and mix together.
Sprinkle with toasted slivered almonds when serving.