Can’t go wrong with a chicken that’s double drunk.
- 5-6 Chicken tenderloins
- 10-12 pearl onions (fresh or frozen)
- 7-8 sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup port wine
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or finely chopped.
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Spices: 1/4 tsp salt, a good pinch black pepper, 1/4 tsp white pepper, 1/2 tsp sugar in the raw
1. In a large pan, sauté onions in olive oil for about 5 minutes until golden browned
2. Add sun dried tomatoes and sauté for 1 minute
3. Place chicken, all spices, sesame in a ziplock and mix well to cover chicken.
4. Turn flame to high.
5. Make a clearance in the pan and cook chicken until brown film form, a couple of minutes each side, adding garlic midway.
4. Add bourbon, let boil and flambe’
5. Add port, cook for one minute and add peas.
6. Let reduce a bit 1-2 minutes until sauce thickens a bit.
I like to serve it by itself but it works great with wild rice or mixed in the pan with fettuccine.