Meat Candy! A favorite.
- 1 package of smoked bacon
- 3 boneless pork chops
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup honey
- Pinch (or more) of hot pepper (smoked habanero, cayenne, chipotle etc.)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup port wine
1. In a large bowl mix sugar and boiling water and then mix with all other sauce ingredients.
2. Cut the pork chops to long strips 1/2″ – 3/4″ wide
3. Mix strips in sauce to fully cover from all side.
4. Tightly roll each strip in a bacon strip to fully cover it, place in a broiling pan.
5. Pour remaining sauce over the rolls.
6. Bake in 400 deg (F) oven for about 35 minutes or until bacon is brown and starts to get crispy.
Excellent when served with white rice.