The sauce makes this dish. Makes it irresistible that is.
- 12-16 Medium size shrimp (thawed if frozen) peeled and deveined, butterfly cut.
- Juice from 1 Lime
- 1 Avocado
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 pressed (or finely chopped) garlic cloves.
- Spices: pinch Black Pepper, pinch Salt, pinch Smoked Habanero or Cayenne, pinch White Pepper, 1/3 tsp paprika (smoked is even better), 1/2 tsp sugar in the raw
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 chopped cilantro
1. Place shrimp in a bowl with the lime juice, mix a bit and leave until used.
2. Cut Avocado to two halves, slice each half and plate.
3. Place butter and oil in a big pan over medium heat until the butter melts.
4. Add 2/3 of the garlic and all spices and let simmer on low flame for 5 minutes.
5. Rinse shrimp (no need to dry) and place in pan on medium heat for 1 minute, stirring.
6. Remove shrimp from pan and put aside.
7. Add wine and broth to the pan. Reduce over high flame for about two minutes (at least 3/4 cup should remain).
8. Reduce to medium flame, add remaining garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
9. Add shrimp and cilantro and stir for 30 seconds. Remove shrimp and plate, pour sauce over shrimp and some over the avocado slices.
Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with toasted bread.
Eat the shrimp with the avocado, soak the toasted bread in the sauce, and you’ll feel in heaven.
Note: Pictured is also quick pickled cucumber – toss Julienne cut cucumber with lime, vinegar, a bit of salt and a pinch of sugar. Let stand for 10 minutes, then toss with some chopped dill and serve.