We love banana bread. Yesterday I looked at the three “riper than desired” bananas on my kitchen island and though that would be their destination, but wanted to reduce the carbs bomb a bit….
So I replaced the flour with almond meal, a few small tweaks, and it came out so good!
You can get almond meal in many places now, I got mine at Trader Joe’s. It’s pure almonds, nothing else.
- 2 cups almond meal.
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup Sugar in the raw
- 1 tbsp molasses or honey
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted, room temperature
Note: You can substitute the sugar in the raw and molasses with dark brow sugar.
- Mix well all dry ingredients
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes at 350F, until a toothpick comes out “pretty clean”.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before carefully turning it out from the pan.
2 thoughts on “Low Carbs Banana Bread”
Can I substitute Coconut Palm Sugar for the Sugar In the Raw?
I don’t see why not. And it will be interesting to try. Let us know how it came out!