This came out sooo gooood…
Got a thick piece of beef shoulder on sale, it was about 3lb. It was in the fridge for a few days and was asking me to do something with it. So I did. I also had blueberries and some Thanksgiving leftover fresh cranberries. Here we go.
- Two tablespoons Olive Oil
- Two tablespoons Butter
- 6 Garlic cloves, thickly sliced
- Large onion cut to large 1/2″ chunks
- Two apples, cut to 1/2″ chunks
- One cup blueberries
- One cup cranberries
- Half dry chili ancho (or whatever dry chili, smoked is better, or just some whatever hot pepper)
- Black pepper
- Nutmeg (not too much)
- Allspice (moderate amount)
- Mustered powder (moderate amount)
- Three cups chicken broth (or whatever broth)
Rub some salt and black pepper on all sides of meat. Olive oil and butter in a pressure cooker, medium flame, brown garlic a bit, take out garlic.
Put in meat and sear each all sides till nice brown. While on last side add onions by the meat. Stir onions while the meat is searing.
Add everything else including garlic from the beginning. Add water to cover everything. Close lid , high heat until pressure cooker steam out, then on low heat for an hour to hour and a half.
Turn off flame and let cool until you can open pressure cooker. Now you’ll already be tempted to eat some, wait if you can, it will get better.
Simmer on medium-low until liquids reduce to half of what it was. Now you can eat. Stop! Don’t finish everything! It will be even better the next day.
The meat will be falling apart, so handle with care.